Albedo Combat Patrol

News:

Author Topic: First test minis  (Read 1621 times)

Offline General Greymouse

• View Profile
on: November 14, 2018, 04:15:44 PM
First try on the albedominiatures - casting was very good almost no flash and only littel mouldlines - glued together easily as parts fitted extremly well and easy to paint - great stuff :)

EDF trooper:

ILR Trooper:

Hope you like them - General Greymouse (aka Hanno Barka) over and out!

Austria - usually we don't have kangaroos.

Offline ACP_Mike

• Administrator
  • It's not the bullet that kills you, it's the hole.
    • View Profile
    • Albedo Patrol
Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 09:48:15 PM
Wow - looking really good.  That fox just oozes character.

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 11:17:01 AM
Fantastic painting. I really like your style, how are the rest of the squads coming on?

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 01:19:58 PM
Finally found time to finish the rest of the EDF squad and one ILR squad. Another ILR squad to go. Posted some quick cellphone shots on Failbook. Once minis are completly dry and I have added rank insignia after varnishing I will do "proper" photos and post them. Will take a bit as oil colours need some time to dry completly.

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 03:57:38 PM
I really like your painting style, painting in oils sounds like a whole new level of complexity.
It would be great if you could put a quick article together at some point about how you do it.

Cheers,

Chris

TimothyHaite

Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 04:49:17 PM
If those are your first ones I can't wait to see what you're able to crank out after more practice. Very nicely done.

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 08:17:52 PM
Sorry,
been a while since I was here because of to job related reasons (working in a kickstarter project too :-) ) aka not much time for the hobby.
 Meanwhile my 2nd ILR squad is in the making so it seem I will have finished the "pre" ordered minis before the KS will deliver - yay!
Also having some kitbashed vehicles and a urban gamingtable in the making. Still have to make pictures of the finished miniatures - will do them soon, promised :)

@Chris and Thimothy - thanks.

@Thimothy - they are my first Albedo miniatures - not my first miniatures generally - I'm in the hobby for more than 30 years now :-) (of course that doesn'tmean that there is no room for improvement - there always is)

@Chris Do you mean a tutorial about oils in general or miniaturespecific? Oilcolours in general are a bit more complex to use than acrylics when you work in layers (not really that supercomplicated though) but otherwise you use them quite the same way as acrylics or guache on miniatures. Main difference ist the longer drying time. That has the benefit of making blending and creating gradients much easier and the additional benefit that you stil can easily correct some faults a day later :) Also the surface tension of oil and turpentine is neglectible for painting purposes so you can apply the paint extremely smoothly with much less efford than wit water based paints. But honestly the main reasons I use oils because I like the "look" (they are less opaque than acrylics so the colours look "richer or stronger" because of the light that is reflected through the colour from the layers below and secondly I just like to work with oil clours. They are simply my favorite kind of paints :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 08:26:05 PM by General Greymouse »