Albedo Combat Patrol

News:

Author Topic: Rules Questions  (Read 1457 times)

Offline JamesTownsend

• View Profile
on: November 11, 2018, 04:22:52 PM
Hello, I finally was able to get a few games in of Albedo and had my friends write down a list of clarifications so here we go!

Cover - Is cover taken into account only when a model is in Base contact with a set piece?

Activation - When the opposing sides have the same number of units activating for example EDF has two units on initiative 1 and ILR has two units on initiative 1. The players draw a card and the highest d10 result goes first. Is the activation order AABB or ABAB (A being the winner of the face to face flip test)

Machine Gun Teams - Is the loader just a cheer leader to be a bullet sponge or can they Do something to help the LMG user?

Machine gun move and fire - since the Lmg's are Light guns we have been treeting them as like SAW. A model can move. And the next activation fire. Is that the right way to use it?

Order cards- what is the M for on the shift line?

GAMER Stat - Leader column. Are those stats for the Absolute leader of the force. (The guy who can swap there dice around) or is it the Fire team leader. LMG team, Gunner and Loader, Gunner is the Leader for that team and uses the Leader column.

Leader abilities - In the beta rules there is no section talking about the Leader Switching dice and ablities. We had to look at the lets play from beasts of war to get any idea of how it works.

And that's all they wrote! Thanks ^.^

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 01:45:22 PM by JamesTownsend »

Offline scoope2

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 05:59:11 PM
Hi James,

I had a similar query about the loader. As long as they're not stunned they can "do their job" and reload the weapon following an out of Ammunition result. See the Weapons Team post. I must admit the loader in my LMG Team is a bullet magnet though - having been incapicitated in every game so far!

Thanks

Offline ACP_Buck

• Design Team
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 11:44:30 PM
Hello, I finally was able to get a few games in of Albedo and had my friends write down a list of clarifications so here we go!

Cover - Is cover taken into account only when a model is in Base contact with a set piece?
If I understand your question, the answer is yes.  This is covered in the full rules.  If a figure is next two a wall, for instance, he can be fired upon, and he can fire over the wall.  He gets the cover of the wall.  If he is beyond the wall, he is not a viable target (and cannot fire over the wall), because the rules assume he is taking cover.  You cannot fire over intervening terrain unless you are touching it. 

You can only fire in or out of woods if you are at the edge.  To get the benefit of woods, you have to be in the woods area.

Activation - When the opposing sides have the same number of units activating for example EDF has two units on initiative 1 and ILR has two units on initiative 1. The players draw a card and the highest d10 result goes first. Is the activation order AABB or ABAB (A being the winner of the face to face flip test)

The sequence is AABB

Machine Gun Teams - Is the loader just a cheer leader to be a bullet sponge or can they Do something to help the LMG user?

This is discussed in the full rules.  If the machine gun team is missing the loader, the machine gun reduces its rate of fire by one.

Machine gun move and fire - since the Lmg's are Light guns we have been treeting them as like SAW. A model can move. And the next activation fire. Is that the right way to use it?

This is discussed in the full rules.  If a weapon has a rate of fire greater than one, it may conduct moving fire.  The rate of fire is reduced by one, and the shooter applies the two "column" shift for shooter moving.

Order cards- what is the M for on the shift line?
M is for medium range.  L is for long range.

GAMER Stat - Leader column. Are those stats for the Absolute leader of the force. (The guy who can swap there dice around) or is it the Fire team leader. LMG team, Gunner and Loader, Gunner is the Leader for that team and uses the Leader column.
The leader column is for the leader of that TEAM.  The stats don't have to be different, but having a separate column allows the game master to make the unit work better with the leader present.  For instance, you might have the leader have a Guts of Regular and the rest of the troops have a Guts of Green.  When the leader dies, the unit begins to act as Green for movement and morale rather than Regular.

Leader abilities - In the beta rules there is no section talking about the Leader Switching dice and ablities. We had to look at the lets play from beasts of war to get any idea of how it works.
Correct.  There are lots of things covered in the full rules that we didn't give away for free.   :)

And that's all they wrote! Thanks ^.^
[/quote]

Offline JamesTownsend

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 12:33:09 PM
Awesome. Thank you so very much.