Albedo Combat Patrol

News:

• Miniatures are on sale!   www.acp164.com
  • Kickstarter finalised at over £15,000!  Thank you so much!

Author Topic: Buildings and playspace ideas  (Read 95 times)

Offline Deredo

• View Profile
on: November 08, 2018, 08:38:53 PM
Hello All,
a question leaps to mind, as I am working on this idea with my teenage daughter in a father daughter team building bit of fun, we have agreed to create a new board for this game with a new batch of futuristic buildings for this setup.
My questions are:
  • What size would you make the board in inches or CM?
  • How tall would you make the individual levels of the rooms/buildings, as rabbit ears seem rather tall?
  • Any recommendations for scenery inspirations?

Thanks for your help and I have attached  a picture of the first prototype building for your feedback.

Offline ACP_Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 09:29:15 PM
Hkiya.

Chris is the team architect, so I should really let him answer this, but hereís my tuppence hapenny.

Imperial vs. Metric - use what ever youíre comfortable with.  Just remember that the scale is 1/56th full size.
Floor height - Iím going to say 6 cm.
Recommendations for scenery inspiration...

Well, thatís a mile wide and an inch long, really.  When Iím looking at designs, I try to think about what materials would be readily available, and what would be workable in a practical sense.... so donít forget the toilet! 

Planets in Albedo are supposed to be pretty self sufficient, so a jungle planet might have lots of bamboo and wood, and a water world might have lots of steel and rust on floating buildings.  Really your imagination is key here.  Iíd say pick a planet, name it and get to work!  The beauty is that, because the game is so young, you are helping set the standard.

Let us know how you get on, and I do like that building.

Mike

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 11:25:41 AM
Hi Deredo,

That is a great start. I'm looking forward to seeing how your buildings progress.
I tend to go for 5cm as floor height, but anything between that and 7cm works well.

This is a view of some of the 'official' Albedo buildings we have developed, I tried to make them look sleek and near future with lots of glass, mirrored solar panels, air filtration plants etc. We also have some desert buildings that we have not shown yet, but as Mike said there are hundreds of Worlds in the Albedo universe and they will each have there own unique style.