Albedo Combat Patrol

News:

• Miniatures are on sale!   www.acp164.com
  • Kickstarter finalised at over £15,000!  Thank you so much!

Author Topic: Buildings and playspace ideas  (Read 52 times)

Offline Deredo

• View Profile
on: November 08, 2018, 08:38:53 PM
Hello All,
a question leaps to mind, as I am working on this idea with my teenage daughter in a father daughter team building bit of fun, we have agreed to create a new board for this game with a new batch of futuristic buildings for this setup.
My questions are:
  • What size would you make the board in inches or CM?
  • How tall would you make the individual levels of the rooms/buildings, as rabbit ears seem rather tall?
  • Any recommendations for scenery inspirations?

Thanks for your help and I have attached  a picture of the first prototype building for your feedback.

Offline ACP_Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 09:29:15 PM
Hkiya.

Chris is the team architect, so I should really let him answer this, but hereís my tuppence hapenny.

Imperial vs. Metric - use what ever youíre comfortable with.  Just remember that the scale is 1/56th full size.
Floor height - Iím going to say 6 cm.
Recommendations for scenery inspiration...

Well, thatís a mile wide and an inch long, really.  When Iím looking at designs, I try to think about what materials would be readily available, and what would be workable in a practical sense.... so donít forget the toilet! 

Planets in Albedo are supposed to be pretty self sufficient, so a jungle planet might have lots of bamboo and wood, and a water world might have lots of steel and rust on floating buildings.  Really your imagination is key here.  Iíd say pick a planet, name it and get to work!  The beauty is that, because the game is so young, you are helping set the standard.

Let us know how you get on, and I do like that building.

Mike