Albedo Combat Patrol

News:

Author Topic: EDF Attack on Hasty defenses at Summit junction!  (Read 86 times)

Offline Deniper

• ILR Players
    • View Profile
on: May 07, 2020, 10:13:41 PM
The EDF continued their unwarranted aggression in the Summit Junction area disrupting ILR soldiers attempting to feed and provide medical care to orphans after relentless Aerial strikes against thier town! the Heroic Lapine Republican soldiers jumped to the defense of the city. and attempted to contain the fighting out side of the city area. The defenses where set around a supply of Mushroom juice crates and storage facility however shortly after the EDF attackers appeared A section of troopers charged forward to attack causing some casualties.  and losing a comrade to vehicle based heavy weapons fire. From a Command APC.

Meanwhile a SP-74 began to engage EDF vehicles from the flank with the effect of a mobility kill.

the EDF never set foot in the town proper and took heavy losses in the attempt.

The squad ended with 6 casualties and the remaining 2 quit the field, the command team lost 2 casualties with 3 quitting the field and the AV8 APC's crew was forced to bail out and was cut down by a Republican squad that had been waiting for something to fire on they could affect.

Republican losses where limited to 4 troops from throughout the squads and 2 lightly wounded. (the squad of 14 was deployed as 2 sections of 5 and one section of 4 to represent a larger organization that had taken heavy losses already.)

Another glorious victory for the Heros of Jika!

The EDF spent most of this game either hiding behind cover or observing the situation. I bumped them into action a few times as the rolled result made no sense. the  game ran quite a few turns. and there was not a single turn where i would say that this was when the EDF started losing however. performers of note was the SP-74 (i seriously need to get a proper model of that unit) and a half squad of ILR troopers that performed 2 charge and melee attacks in a row pushing the EDF squad into the open, where they got cut up further by flanking squad fire that could not touch them previously)

« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 04:37:00 AM by Deniper »

Offline Deniper

• ILR Players
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 05:01:25 AM
sorry about the pictures..... I sorta deleted them from the archive.  :-[