Albedo Combat Patrol

News:

Author Topic: What makes Albedo great?  (Read 4815 times)

Offline rats off to ya

• Film student & video artist, also a punk.
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 11:16:13 PM
I originally found out about Albedo during my early teenage years while trying to learn about the furry fandom (all my friends were into furry stuff or anime at the time), I read a page somewhere about Albedo and decided to buy one of the volumes that contained the first few issues of the comic.

About a year later I had a very large collection containing every issue except for the very expensive 2nd issue, the one that has the first introduction of Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo. I now have a large collection of stuff such as all the tabletop games, some advertising prints, some paintings and illustrations Gallacci sold years ago, an Erma pin, the fan zines, and a prototype draft for one of the later issues. Needless to say, Albedo became my absolute favorite sci-fi story and I absolutely love it. Gallacci's work sort of inspired me to go into an artistic field, and it really helped me refine my tastes in science fiction. 

I'm not sure exactly what makes it so great to me, there's just so much to it. Very good hard sci-fi stuff that you don't really see in the genre a lot, fantastic artwork, a really phenomenal and intelligent story with a large cast of interesting characters, it's got everything I love. I think the best part though may be the world building. You can tell just by skimming through a few pages of one of the old tabletop games that there was a lot of time and effort put into creating the universe in the comics, it's so fleshed out and intricate. I really admire that.

Albedo was just this huge deal for me, I really haven't found any other sci-fi stuff quite like it, and I'm glad I found out about it because it really did help shape what I want to do in life.

Offline ACP_Mike

• Administrator
  • It's not the bullet that kills you, it's the hole.
    • View Profile
    • Albedo Patrol
Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 09:39:07 PM
I found the RPG, then read all the comics in the nineties.   Now Iím slowly collecting them.

Itís changed. Y life in certain ways, too.