Albedo Combat Patrol

News:

Author Topic: Converting miniatures using Albedo Miniatures components  (Read 5474 times)

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
on: September 03, 2018, 12:24:57 PM
As well as being a fantastic range of sci-fi miniatures for gaming in the Albedo Universe (or Traveller or Gamma World), the Albedo Miniatures range provides a great range of components for converting other miniatures to anthropomorphic figures.

This thread is going to about the conversions that I have done using Albedo components.

This miniature combines a plastic Frostgrave Soldier body and arms with the Albedo Miniatures fox, bare headed sprue (which contains the fox head and nice bushy tail).

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 12:34:59 PM
A little conversion that I did at the weekend with an Albedo Miniatures head and tail and some plastic Victrix Napoleonic parts.

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 07:43:42 AM
Feline Dungeon Delver is based on a Frostgrave plastic soldier body and arms and an Albedo Miniatures cat head and tail.

Offline Emu2020

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 09:31:45 PM
I can see this being useful for adding civilians to your Albedo games. Find suitable humans civilians and run with it.

Offline M_J_Simmons

• ILR Players
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 05:53:03 PM
Here is my current builds for Ironclaw

Offline MikeMurdock

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 03, 2018, 08:34:33 PM
Here is some I did for kill team for an auxiliary unit with regular tau

Offline Deredo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 08:24:43 PM
Our first WIP figure, Foxy head and tail on a Brother Vinni Sci-Fi trooper, this looks rather like a Starship pilot or crewman.

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 02:05:46 PM
Nice work Derredo and MikeMurdock!

Over the last couple of days I've been working on 'Thanksgiving at the Abbey'

Maybe more Redwall than Albedo! This is a little diversion I've been working on over last couple of evenings. The furniture and settings are 3D printed.

The idea came from the fact that the banquet set is available as November free gift from Dungeonwork Architects.

The seated figures are Sally 4th 'The Crowd' miniatures, originally designed for filling our model Blood Bowl Stadiums, (http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Blood-Bowl-Accessories), the heads are of course Albedo Critter Conversion heads. www.acp164.com

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 09:26:12 AM
Cat conversion Warlord Games miniature and Albedo head from www.acp164.com

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 10:30:51 AM
First three miniatures that I have converted with the new albedo miniatures critter conversion kits based on conical helms.

This figure uses body and arms from Frostgrave Barbarian plastic box set and an Albedo Miniatures Fox head & tail.

This model uses a plastic body and arms from a Fireforge Teutonic Infantry miniature and an Albedo Miniatures Cat head and tail.

This miniature is based on a North Star Oathmark plastic Dwarf with an Albedo Miniatures Rabbit head and tail to make a dwarf rabbit!

Full details @ www.acp164.com

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 11:07:40 AM
At the weekend I got a couple of hours to do some conversions and painting. Last week I had just got the first production casts of the otter heads from our 'critter conversion kit' range, so was keen to try them out.

First figure uses a plastic Frostgrave soldiers body and arms and an Albedo Miniatures Otter helmeted head and tail conversion set.

Second figure is based on a Conquest Games medieval archer (plastic) with an Albedo Miniatures bare headed otter head and tail conversion.

The last fellow is based on a Frostgrave plastic barbarian body and arms with an Albedo Miniatures bare headed fox head and tail conversion.

Full details of range of conversion kits @ www.acp164.com

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 10:54:01 AM
Humans!

Not quiet Albedo, but a little bit of fun to show of the versatility of the Albedo Miniatures range as hard sci-fi miniatures whether you like Anthropomorphic or not.

These miniatures are ILR Skirmish Infantry with EDF weapon arms and heads from my bits box. I'm planning to convert enough miniatures to play through the introductory scenario.

The Albedo Skirmish Starter set contains 11 miniatures with 5 different weapon types plus a voucher to download the PDF version of the rules, cards, scenario and other player aids, so is a good point to try out the game (with or without converted miniatures). Full details @ www.acp164.com

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 03:55:17 PM

Just painted up this young lady for my Anthropomorphic Pulp Alley league this week. The body is from our own Classic Movie Miniatures range - The Daughter from the Take the High Road pack, to which has been added the Erma conversion head which will be available generally, very soon. I'll be posting photos of the rest of the conversions that make up the league next week.

www.acp164.com

TimothyHaite

Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 07:04:31 AM
I have used them in BT and they work well. I also took the time to make mech sheets up for the CAVs so as to use them in BT...

The game CAV is a good one and its fun and both offer a lot to each other. The miniatures work for each and its a good way to get a miniature for a home mech.

Offline ACP_Mike

• Administrator
  • It's not the bullet that kills you, it's the hole.
    • View Profile
    • Albedo Patrol
Reply #14 on: February 27, 2019, 01:14:07 AM
TimothyHaite - I'm not sure what you're talking about, but it does not appear to be ACP164 - stay on topic, or go play elsewhere - you have been warned.