Albedo Combat Patrol

News:

Author Topic: KS2  (Read 5251 times)

Offline ACP_Mike

• Administrator
  • It's not the bullet that kills you, it's the hole.
    • View Profile
    • Albedo Patrol
on: February 21, 2019, 10:00:53 PM
You heard it here first, there’s going to be another Kickstarter coming.

And we want to know what to include.

The central push is going to be a supplement that covers the space aspects of Albedo.

There will be a new source and scenario book , probably called “Boarding Party”, which covers the areas of shipboard Combat and special forces.  Probably not space combat, though, because if you’ve read the comics, in Albedo it’s quite procedural.  Still considering that.

In terms of scenery, we’re looking at spaceship interiors and space stations.

In terms of miniatures, there’s the Aerodyne...  we really want to make that!

But also EDF and ILR special forces, and critters in space suits.

ILR APC, and

Civilian Vehicle(s)

What else should we include?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 10:17:40 PM by ACP_Mike »

Offline Felna

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 10:42:07 PM
Got to include the robots - they're a fairly common sight on board ships.
ACVs? Might be a bit large but stowed on carrier decks as scenery pieces
Repair of ship - engineers could be interesting alongside the troops

Other things would probably be scenery
Med labs
Satellites
Command deck etc.

Would you envisage combat to include EVA as well as on the ships?

Sounds good though.

Offline ACP_Mike

• Administrator
  • It's not the bullet that kills you, it's the hole.
    • View Profile
    • Albedo Patrol
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 10:45:42 PM
EVA - yes, and the rules for this are already in the full ruleset.

Scenery - yes.  I've been dabbling in 3D modelling for a while now, and now that I have more free time, it's perking up the list.

Offline Spirithorse4261

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 11:33:48 PM
My only suggestion is that whatever you do, try and make things modular. That way we can get the greatest variety out of any scenery arrangements.

Offline duhred

• I was framed!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 10:18:50 PM
EVA - yes, and the rules for this are already in the full ruleset.

Scenery - yes.  I've been dabbling in 3D modelling for a while now, and now that I have more free time, it's perking up the list.

Are there any combat robots? I've not seen SG use any such in the comics but I'm sure the rabbits wouldn't be too opposed to that.

I know the net/robo processor cores do help with combat peripherally but that can be handled as a special command ability or with event cards.

I do vote for robos either way. Make'm catch a bullet or ten to save the troops.

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 04:26:26 PM
The scenery sets will be very modular, here at Sally 4th we have been designing / developing modular scenery sets for many years and have lots of ideas to feed into this,
I love realistic terrain to fight over, so I'm pretty sure we will be including furnishings for the ships and space stations.

Offline JamesTownsend

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 02:44:50 AM
Nice! Looking forward to it.

Offline scoope2

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 10:12:48 AM
A Lt Tankannahai Personality figure, perhaps as a limited edition sculpt like Erma in the first Kickstarter?

Offline davidburden

• EDF Players
    • View Profile
    • Converj - David's Blog
Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 07:12:51 PM

I like the existing terra-blocks system so would hope it would be compatible with that, or just a version of it. Some more "3d decal" type things, triangular bits to "round of" the right angle between floor and wall, but mainly all the consoles and kit to put into the rooms to turn a generic terra-block set up into something obviously space ship so: command deck, with 3D holo map table and both console and wall units, sick bay, engineering with some big engines and control panels, cargo bay with small craft. Of course if I can dual use any of this for Traveller then even better!

Love the ideal of space suited bunnies. Ever since I saw the red suited critters in the colour Albedo issues I've been tempted to buy up the GZG Moongrunts and paint them red (might do for mice!)

I'd certainly vote for bots. I thought they used them exploring one of ships (or getting confused with The Expanse?) but there is certainly an assassination bot in a later issue and its not heavily remarked on, "basic model" , which suggests they are common. I'd take inspiration from current ideas of drones and UGVs  rather than SF as I think that would be more in keeping with Steve's vision.

Offline General Greymouse

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 12:06:07 AM
Yeah I know 28/32 mm Miniatures game -  BUT: What about Space ships themselves? Would anybody else be interested?

Austria - usually we don't have kangaroos.

Offline Deredo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 08:45:39 PM
I would like to see a few different types of animals, such as Penguins or larger ones such as horses...
The idea of space combat with space-suited critters and robots for helpers sounds like fun it could lead to a RPG\story-line type engagement, similar to a campaign.
an example could be, the first engagement is a skirmish on the surface of the ship or in an air lock, the next phase could be a series of skirmish actions to capture strategically important areas such as engineering, the armory, the Bridge... and part of the retreating forces options could be to exchange actions for setting up traps and pitfalls to slow down and channel the attackers...

Offline duhred

• I was framed!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 08:17:28 PM
That'd be really cool...but connonically the penguins and horse figs can't be holding things.

SG is notorious for saying all the hoofed and penguin characters do hold/manipulate stuff but always "off camera". *Smirk*

I think the only time I saw a horse "holding" any thing was the ship captain (Joseph?). It could have been him balancing his celfone/tablet/net com on his hoof.

Also the penguins seem to have a high ratio of medicos...so maybe they can have a battle feild skill/action/bonus to help downed figs get back into action?

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 10:15:03 AM
Yes, the hoof / wing vs digits is an issue we have been struggling with since the start.
If you, don't have digits, you don't get to hold things. Disney get around this by drawing all critters with fingers, but Steve doesn't!
Tricky...

The LARCS proved to be very popular. These are being modified for inclusion in KS2 to have stretched bodies to carry 12-12 combat troops.

Offline General Greymouse

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 02, 2019, 09:03:23 AM
a few more bodyposes (let's say 2?) would really improve the look of units. A kneeling one could be made by replacing the sniper's rifle with an assault rifle and an additional pose would really be great.

Austria - usually we don't have kangaroos.

Offline Deredo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 08, 2019, 06:40:55 PM
...  Also the penguins seem to have a high ratio of medicos...so maybe they can have a battle feild skill/action/bonus to help downed figs get back into action?
I like that idea of medical and technical figures involved in the game adding their specialized skills to their side.
And I agree that more kneeling or crouching poses would be good too.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 06:43:19 PM by Deredo »