Albedo Combat Patrol

News:

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 10024 times)

Offline LadyRadarEars

• View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 20, 2018, 02:32:54 AM
Got into albedo and a lot of the fanzine stuff way late in the game when it started appearing on the internet, very big into wargames and rpgs though, so super excited about this. Even though I'll probably be one of the only people playing this in my hometown the scale of the minis is perfect for subbing them as imperial guard/chaos cultists too so I can play 40k with my room-mate (and given the costs of everything, I'm paying way less for more than he ended up paying for his orks...)

Already pledged and everything, hoping this goes well, I intend to get a bunch of the scenery sets later too, super super excited <3

Hi everyone!

Thedorklord

Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 03:46:18 AM
Came for the terrain and fell for the models and the Rich backstory, ready to join the kickstarter as soon as i have money.

Offline Deredo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 05:22:04 PM
Greetings from semi-sunny Germany,

I have been looking for a way to interact in a hobby way with my youngest daughter, who loves to draw and paint pictures.
During the recent CRISIS in Antwerp, I saw this for the first time and after a few minutes thinking about it bought a pack of the fox heads and tails for conversion as a present for her. After the long drive home, we talked about it and she is interested in giving this a whirl  ;D so we are on board!

Regards,
 Joe

Offline General Greymouse

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 06, 2018, 06:37:38 PM
Hi Joe!
Wohoo - finally another guy from central Europe here. Austria calling :)

Austria - usually we don't have kangaroos.

Offline Deredo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 07, 2018, 08:05:29 PM
Thankk you General Greymouse!
I am looking forward into this change of scene so to speak!

Offline Felna

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 23, 2018, 09:22:10 PM
Hi all, recently backed the kickstarter, and looking forward to playing the game. Been a fan of the Albedo Universe for almost 30 years now, first when I stumbled across the original edition of the RPG in a bargain bin at a games store, then through the comics and the second edition RPG. After a long break I've recently been getting back into war gaming (mainly Star Wars Legion), and have to confess I got a bit over-excited at the chance to play this game. Love the sculpts and think it captures the feel of the comics really well.

On a not unrelated note, I've been using the username Felna for websites and forums since the mid 90s, and typed it in here without thinking, then was really surprised that it hadn't already been taken!

Offline Spirithorse4261

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 27, 2018, 07:01:44 AM
Greetings from Virginia Beach, VA (US). The joy of seeing ACP show up in my Facebook feed was beyond measure.  I first found the Albedo comics in 1994 (at a comic shop in north central Louisiana of all places) and started my collection with issue #3.

After many attempts to port over the Albedo universe into other RPG systems was not a huge success on my part because there was always something lacking (and honestly the Albedo RPG didn't do much to fill that either, but the background was superb).

But here is what I have been seeking, being both a war-gamer and Role-Playing gamer had made great leaps and bounds to filling that gap (and yes that was an ILR reference).

Just need to save my pennies and order at lest one set of each of the minis and vehicles now.

Troy

Offline Deniper

• ILR Players
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 28, 2018, 05:55:59 PM
Texas reporting in,  I read some of the original Albedo comics back in the 90s as i had a friend that collected them, we ran the RPG a few times at one of the big local conventions and had a good response. life got busy, such forth and so on, and Most of what I had got lost sold or destroyed. (long story that)   anyway I personally am really pleased to see this happening with and for one of my favorite Scifi settings.

Offline duhred

• I was framed!
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: December 06, 2018, 09:36:51 PM
 Florida here. Gainzhell (home of the gators).

Loved the comics liked the rpg.

I'm excited to get into this and see where it can go. Hopefully I can even contribute some stuff.

Swamp con (free con at UF http://swampcon.org/) is coming up and I'mma see if I can get the stuff for a demo goin...

Any one in the area drop me a line please.

Look forward to hangin' out here.

-Mark

Offline ACP_Mike

• Administrator
  • It's not the bullet that kills you, it's the hole.
    • View Profile
    • Albedo Patrol
Reply #24 on: December 07, 2018, 01:54:49 AM
Welcome!