Albedo Combat Patrol

News:

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 10025 times)

SteelTheWarrior

on: September 03, 2018, 04:27:31 AM
...  And merry meet!

My name is Steel, and I am thoroughly excited to see that Albedo is still loved and enjoyed by others!  For the past decade, it felt like I was only person running the tabletop RPG with any frequency at conventions, or online (at least, here in the US!)

Thankfully, I have rekindled enough Albedo interest over the years to have gotten Sanguine Productions to do a reprint of their rulebooks, and thankfully to also make a digital version available as well!  It's SO fantastic to have learned that MORE Albedo is coming!

This is all very exciting, and I can't wait to hear more!  I also offer my writing and game development experience in whatever way I can, in hopes to help nurture this into something truly splendid!

Reporting for duty!

Offline Geo Vaughan

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 05:17:32 AM
Hello all!

I am also a fellow Albedo enthusiast and a member of Steel’s gaming group. I’ve been playing the Sanguine Games Platinum Catalyst RPG for about five years now, and was just informed that a new Albedo themed wargame was being released. Couldn’t be more excited to see that Gallacci’s work is still appreciated. I was genuinely worried for a while that it had fallen off the face of the earth.

Really looking forward to seeing how this plays. Having a wargaming system like this would be an amazing supplement to our already intense campaign.

Offline ACP_Mike

• Administrator
  • It's not the bullet that kills you, it's the hole.
    • View Profile
    • Albedo Patrol
Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 09:50:02 AM
Welcome to the forum!

I’ve also been running the tabletop RPG for a few years, using the 2nd edition rules, and the lack of miniatures was bugging me.

So here we are!  I’d love to hear about your campaign, if you want to share, and I’m also looking at ways to make Rpg characters viable in the ACP system.

Mike

Offline Geo Vaughan

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 09:28:22 PM
Yeah, the lack of minis has been a point of frustration for me as well. HeroForge has gotten better in recent months but the expense has been an issue.

I’ll leave the details of the campaign to Steel, suffice it to say that in the past five years my character has gone from a grunt laboring under severe understaffing and budget cuts to a desk jockey overseeing our severe understaffing and budget cuts. Sometimes we fight terrorists and rabbits. Mostly it’s us arguing over who gets KP.

I don’t know much about the system you guys have put together, but it would be pretty awesome if it’s compatible with some form of character advancement. It’s always fun to have those few soldiers you start growing fond of, and I know Steel just loves manipulating us the moment we start forming attachments. Either way, it definitely looks faster than the Sanguine system. I’ll be looking forward to getting my fireteam back.

Offline ACP_Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Albedo Patrol
Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 11:28:52 AM
Just so we’re clear, ACP164 is a miniature war game, not an RPG.

However, I’m really keen to include ways to make it work with whichever version of the RPG you happen to prefer.  In the next few days, we’ll be posting up the introductory rules section... I look forward to seeing what we can do!

Offline Prollo

• EDF Players
  • Snr Lt Prollo EDF
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 12:08:04 PM
ACP Mike, will the rules be available prior to the Kickstarter campaign?

Offline Geo Vaughan

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 02:55:17 AM
Just so we’re clear, ACP164 is a miniature war game, not an RPG.

However, I’m really keen to include ways to make it work with whichever version of the RPG you happen to prefer.  In the next few days, we’ll be posting up the introductory rules section... I look forward to seeing what we can do!

Understood. I asked more because I know some wargames have campaign rules where unit experience is taken into consideration from battle to battle.

That being said, I'm excited to look at the rules and figure out how we might meld them with our current game system or adapt them to a continuing narrative style of play.

Offline ACP_Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Albedo Patrol
Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 07:56:45 AM
Hi Prollo and welcome!

There will be a ‘starter set of rules’ available as soon as the miniatures go on sale.  These will be used for playtesting - they’re still in draft at this stage, and your feedback will be most welcome.

@Geo Vaughan - there’s a ‘hero’ function within the main rules, that we’re using to allow PC toons to be involved.  In a campaign setting, there’s no reason why experience could not be taken into account.  I have a plan for that, too, but you’ll need to wait and see on that one.

Offline General Greymouse

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 05:29:06 PM
Greetings from central Europe :)

I stumbled over Albedo some 25 years or more ago when 3 boxes of the 1st edition RPGs made their way into my gaming  store  because of a distributor's error. (The everlasting Austria/Australia thing..)
I grabbed one of them and got immideatly hooked on the background, the design and the graphics. Never played it though as I'm not much of a roleplayer. But I am a Tabletopgamer since my youth so when I saw the announcement of a miniature game I just couldn't turn my head away :)

Austria - usually we don't have kangaroos.

Offline Geo Vaughan

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 06:18:31 PM
@Geo Vaughan - there’s a ‘hero’ function within the main rules, that we’re using to allow PC toons to be involved.  In a campaign setting, there’s no reason why experience could not be taken into account.  I have a plan for that, too, but you’ll need to wait and see on that one.

With bated breath. :3

I grabbed one of them and got immideatly hooked on the background, the design and the graphics. Never played it though as I'm not much of a roleplayer. But I am a Tabletopgamer since my youth so when I saw the announcement of a miniature game I just couldn't turn my head away :)

Greetings from New York! Glad to hear that Albedo is in a form you're more familiar with. It's a great series and setting that really deserves more love than it's gotten over the years.

Have you read any of the comics? The author has them online and if you're into the setting you should check them out. They're pretty awesome.

Offline Starlit Vixen

• Silly Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 02, 2018, 11:52:58 PM
Well, I suppose I should post in this thread too - Scandinavia reporting.  ;D

Seeing how I'm already an RPG and wargaming addict and have been lamenting the lack of anthropomorphic miniatures for years, there really wasn't any way I was going to miss this.
So, to glory and beyond!

The fox says: "Have a nice day."
Then she'll shoot you.

Offline ACP_Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Albedo Patrol
Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 10:16:21 PM
That’s what we like to hear, and it’s why we’re embarking on this madcap adventure!

Offline JamesTownsend

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 16, 2018, 02:31:06 PM
Hello all :D Just a table top lover looking for other games to play.  This is my first time begin kickstarter project backer some i'm excited :3

Offline ACP_Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Albedo Patrol
Reply #13 on: October 16, 2018, 09:45:42 PM
Secretly, I’ve been giggling for about a week now.  I hope this becomes as awesome as we’ve planned it to be!

Tell your nerdy mates, in fact, tell everybody!

Mike

Offline MikeMurdock

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 17, 2018, 05:12:59 AM
Hello there. I'm Mike Murdock. I have known of albedo mainly thanks to steel and geo here and I did GM the rpg in the past as well. Been also catching up with the comics thanks to Steve Gallaci's site. I am happy to see this project and Hopefully, it fully succeeds.