Albedo Combat Patrol

News:

Author Topic: Running Albedo Demo / Participation Games in Stores & at conventions.  (Read 2944 times)

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We are at the stage that we want to start recruiting fans to put on demo / participation games at stores & conventions and looking for some feedback on our approach before we start sending the document out.

Firstly - what to call the demonstrators. Suggestions to date are 'Albedo Ambassadors' or 'Albedo Agents'. Any preference or any other suggestions?

Secondly - this is my thoughts on program. What do you think? Any improvements?

Thank you for your interest in Albedo Combat Patrol ACP164. We do hope that you are as excited about the game as our development team is. It is now over a year since we started the journey to bring the world of Steve Gallacci’s Albedo Anthropomorphics to tabletops around the world. The team has developed an engaging and immersive background in the source and campaign books, an innovative and fun set of rules and a captivating set of detailed 28mm Albedo miniatures. We are still at an early stage with the game; our recent kickstarter has funded development of additional miniatures and an initial print run, the printed material  is written and is available as beta-releases, so it is now time to start spreading the word to gamers across the world, and this is where you and our ambassador programme comes in.

We are looking to recruit keen miniature gamers to become Albedo Ambassadors to promote the game by putting on participation games at their local hobby shops or gaming conventions, take a few photos and post them and a short write up on the Albedo Forums.

We will support and promote your endeavours, liaising with the venue and sending posters for them to print to promote your event.
Benefits of being an Albedo Ambassador
•   The more games you put on the more rewards you will build up. You will need some Albedo Miniatures to put on a game. At this stage the Albedo Starter Miniatures set is an ideal starting point as it contains the miniatures you need to play the introductory scenario. When you’ve run your first game and placed the post we will issue you with a voucher worth 25% of the set (£10) and then each time you host a subsequent game and write a post we’ll issue you with another £5 voucher.
•   Albedo Ambassadors are members of ‘The Inner Circle’ and as such get involved in choosing new releases, play-testing new rules and scenarios and generally feeding back on the development direction of the game.
•   It’s lot of fun playing ACP164 with lots of different people.
What do I need to do?
•   You’ll need to know all about playing ACP164. All of the rules, scenarios, player aids, card decks etc are available to download as PDF’s from the Albedo Forums. You need to be a registered Forum member. The files are in the downloads folder. The password is SD164
•   You’ll need to have painted some miniatures to use in your participation game. You can get started running the introductory scenario that uses 4 x EDF troopers and 6 x ILR Troopers.
•   Fill in the form with your details, and details of game stores that you can travel to and then just let us know when you’re ready to put on your first game.
Note: We will store your details electronically on our computer database so that we can correspond with you and issue you with credit vouchers. We may share the details that you have supplied with hobby store owners whose details you have supplied in order to promote the participation games that you wish to run.

Offline M_J_Simmons

• ILR Players
    • View Profile
I look forward to it, I have at least three stores I can attempt to work this at.

Offline Deniper

• ILR Players
    • View Profile
Ok count me in on this. I got the files sorted for printing and will be putting my card set together soon. with luck by the middle of next month I will be able to run some demos around Houston.

A question, For the moment and to avoid using Critter commandos as proxies would it be ok to make and print some 3D counters for initial Demos? these would only be used until i can get my actual models ordered and painted up, in addtion  once layed out I can make the counters available to the company to use as they see fit.
As I live in the Houston area I have quite a few game stores and conventions I can hit up. and the wargameing community here is diverse. so i should be able to drum up at least some interest.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 07:35:31 AM by Deniper »

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No problem, have you ordered a starter miniature set yet?

Offline davidburden

• EDF Players
    • View Profile
    • Converj - David's Blog
Prefer "Albedo Ambassadors" to "Albedo Agents"!

A few places around Brum I could cover, and happy to team with others for things further afield.

Will you also be doing something for UK wargaming/gaming shows?  And what about clubs?

David

Offline Deniper

• ILR Players
    • View Profile
No problem, have you ordered a starter miniature set yet?
I took on several leather commissions to help fund my Albedo collection and due to some unexpected life things I have not been able to place a order yet. hopefully when I finish these 3 projects i will be able to. *Edit i see the starter set changed*
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 05:58:13 PM by Deniper »

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes, we changed the starter set to make it the same as the figure starter pledge in the kickstarter which was designed to have the miniatures that you need to play the introductory scenario (4 x EDF and 6 x ILR with either then MG or GL upgrade). Having those 11 figures in the box plus the voucher for free PDF Rules, Cards & Scenario means that you do not need anything else to start playing / running demo's of the 'Recce Probe Game'.

Offline ACP_Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Albedo Ambassadors - In Store / Convention Game Hosts - Recruiting Now!

Are you an Albedo fan?
Are you are interested in putting on some demo / participation games at your local games store and convention and posting some photos on the forum?

Ambassadors earn 'Albedo Credits' for every game they run, and get to try out all the new and exciting rules and options that are being developed.

We would really like to get some demo games running in stores over the Christmas / New Year break, so we are offering an extra £5 voucher plus the standard £10 for running first game for any game using painted Albedo Miniatures that are run in stores between 15th December and 6th January.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17l-W09spojTrG413UcZEforbB_J38aDZ-jRGZjQixBs/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 12:07:10 PM by ACP_Chris »

Offline Spirithorse4261

• View Profile
While I have already replied to the email from the Yahoo group, I will need to find a decent means of assembling my troops. I am finding that CA (superglue) is just not living up the hype (their tails keep falling off and its taking two or three attempts just to get them to stay on the stands). And with 29 of the little buggers to put together it is rather frustrating to say the least.

Offline ACP_Mike

• Administrator
  • It's not the bullet that kills you, it's the hole.
    • View Profile
    • Albedo Patrol
Yes, it can be a little tedious.

The best approach I've found is to use an industrial grade superglue - like Loctite, rather than a modelling grade version. 

If there's a pinhole for attaching the tail, arm or head, I'll drill that out some.

Rough up both surfaces lightly with a file.

Apply the CA, then use an activator to set the joint.